Saturday, February 27, 2010

looking at unity....(week 2)



this is an image that i happened upon by chance, I'll tell you how on Saturday evening.


I see repetition in this image covering similarity and variety. If you follow the shapes and colors you can almost make out a pattern but the farther you follow it the more it fades away.























The continuation also shows here except at the top where you can almost see a skyline or something.
This image uses a grid as an organizing factor and is chaotic and unreadable. I never thought something organized on a grid could be so chaotic!! If you focus on one area of the picture at a time you will see vary similar line/shape patterns. It appears as if these areas are grouped according to these patterns. Showing the less similar patterns further from the more similar in an expression of unity through proximity.






Lastly, This picture of space is my choice for a figurative expression of unity. When i look at the night sky I think, we look just like one of those dots out there to somebody on a different planet, I think how we are all a part of this same universe and therefore united.

No comments:

Post a Comment